ffc41 {rustic wood + white + green}


Is it Friday already?  I think I've decided that I actually really like Mondays.  Mondays mean the entire week is ahead of me and I start out thinking of all the things I'm going to accomplish this week.  By the time Friday rolls around I'm usually exhausted and underwhelmed by the amount of tasks I actually completed and overwhelmed by the amount that are still on my list.  Does this happen to anyone else?

I haven't been getting full nights of sleep lately because Mr. Bagubian--who will be 4 two weeks from today!!!--keeps wetting his bed.  This happens around 4am each night and my alarm is set for 5:30.  He and Nemy share a room so she naturally wakes up during all the commotion of the clothing/bedding change.  It's really very sweet because Mr. B says he can't come out to go potty because no one will be there to "keep company with Nemy."  It's sweet but it's getting old!  After all of the hoopla, it's hard to get back to sleep, especially knowing the alarm is going off in less than an hour.  So I turn it off and decide I will get up when the kids get up around 7.  Then my day is thrown off course and I'm tired and it's been this vicious cycle for about 2 weeks now.  The clear solution is to not let him drink anything after 6pm, but, for several reasons, that's not as easy and clearcut as it sounds.  Anyhow, enough of my whining!    


Would you like to hear about my Festive Friday project instead?  You may be wondering how I got this little gift bag from a photo of a vintage sled and ice skates.  I was inspired by the colors in the photo again--the green, the white, the wood.  I also think of the sled as a child's toy, though I'm sure the owner of this photo, if she has young children, wouldn't let them near it!

I had a sled like this when I was little and I remember playing with it one summer day--yes, one summer day.  I was all the way on the other side of the driveway when I saw a bee flying around the chimney of the house--a good 50 feet from where I was standing.  To any logical person, I was in was no clear nor present danger.  However, the sight of the bee frightened me, almost paralyzed me, and I let go of the rope on my sled and left it in the driveway, running into the house to avoid getting stung by this bee that wasn't anywhere near me.

Later in the day, my mom had some errands to run and we were backing out of the driveway when--CRUNCH.  She had backed over my sled.  It was destroyed.  And I'm sure she was not very pleased with me--nor my poor judgement about that bee.  


So I digress...But the wood cameo of the boy reminded me of the sled and of my childhood.  (Incidentally, I very much resembled a boy when I was little.  My sister and I both had short "bowl" haircuts--which my mother just adored--until we were in 3rd grade when she let us grow our hair out.  I was mistaken for a boy on more than one occasion.)  Another digression; I do apologize!  I wanted to make something other than a card so I decorated the glassine bag with a white doily, the green card, and the wood cameo.  Then I added all the little extras, like the poinsettia, the twine, and the silver banner.  I think this will make a sweet little gift card holder. 



We've now entered October which means the holiday season and binge-eating have officially kicked off!  We have Mr. B's birthday on the 17th, followed by Halloween 2 weeks later.  I have a friend who works at Trader Joe's and she keeps on teasing me with all of their new seasonal sweets.  Trader Joe's is right next to my favorite little post office (where I deposit most of my Etsy mail)--and Starbucks--so since I'm there often, it's not too much of a hassle to pop in and treat myself to some fall goodies.  Darnit, Gayle!

In November, Hoss and I will celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary, then we have my father-in-law's birthday, my birthday, and Thanksgiving right in a row.  Cake, cake, pie is how that will go.   And then comes December with it's Christmas parties and cookies and chocolates.  Oh, boy!

I'm feeling chatty today--hope you don't mind!  I certainly didn't mean to go off on so many tangents so I'll end this post here before I get going again.  There are still a few days to play along with this week's FF challenge...head on over to the blog to see what the other talented gals came up with this week and to link up your submission.  You've got until the 8th--have fun!

Comments

  1. Beautiful card!! I'm with you on loving Mondays, but I also love Fridays too, the sleepless nights because (in my case my 3 year old) son who also wets his bed at night!!!...seriously old! Thanks for sharing all your stories. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...I love your card...you always have a way of adding so many sweet details.
    Sorry about your early mornings...it'll get better:)
    You're super busy in the next several weeks! sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca