gossamer blue october reveal :: pretty packages

We've made it to autumn!  That's officially become my favorite season, in part due to the change in the weather (well, not where I live, but I think cooler weather might on the horizon) and because there are a lot of fun things to be packed into this season--Gus's birthday, Halloween, pumpkins, Thanksgiving, and the overall sense of togetherness.  Since it's my favorite season, I couldn't be more excited to approach my latest Gossamer Blue projects with fall in mind.


The GB October kits are filled to the brim with autumn-themed elements and I had the best time working with them.  It seems like these kits just keep getting better and better!  I did an awful lot in the colors you see here--deep purple, turquoise, dark wood, and gold.  There were other colors represented in the kit, as well, but the purple in particular stood out.  I'm actually not usually a big fan of purple, though I've always loved this shade.


The first thing I think of when it comes to fall is giving.  I'm sure it's due to all the obvious reasons--Thanksgiving, gift giving, a general feeling of wanting to extend yourself to make someone else happy.  My projects this month centered around that concept.  I made a lot of tags, some cards, and then wrapped up some cute little packages, too.



Purple and gold are so pretty together; while my favorite color to pair with gold is blush pink because it's soft and sweet, I think this purple hue with gold is elegant and sophisticated (I am neither of those things, mind you!).


You'll probably notice me using a lot of mini cupcake liners on projects this month; they're simply the best things since doilies and I'm hooked.  Plus, I happened to find them in this deep purple so how could I NOT use them?  It's such a quick and perfect little package topper to layer one with a handful of die cuts (acorns and a glittered circle, in this case).  With a washi covered mini clothespin, and a few elements from my stash, my wrap was complete.


The second gift features a pale pink cupcake liner nested with another die cut, this fantastic wood and paper arrow, and a brad.  I used a few of my own products here, too.  Lace and seam binding are always within reach and you can't go wrong with leaves during the autumn months.


The October kits featured products from Pink Paislee, Simple Stories, My Mind's Eye, and Dear Lizzy.  You can check out the GB shop where you can purchase any of the kits (hurry--they sell out fast!), or check out the DT Gallery--I'm always blown away looking around there--my teammates are truly creative wonders!


Later this month, I'll be sharing a look into my tag-making process on the GB blog.  In the meantime, you can see some extra tags in the gallery, and I'll be posting more about those right here in a couple of days.  Happy fall, friends!


Comments

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca