gossamer blue :: november :: zebra wrap

Hello again!  I'm back today with another wrapped present using the Gossamer Blue November kits.  Gus went to a birthday party for a schoolmate recently and I needed to come up with some kid-friendly packaging.  Zebras anyone?


I happened to have just found the blue striped fabric remnant at the store last month and as I sorted through the Amy Tangerine die cuts from the Main Add-on kit, I came across the blue zebra.  It could not have been a more perfect find!  Because the patterns are bold, I went with a lot of white space and small pops of other colors.  The aqua is subtle and analogous to the darker blue, while the orange is warm and bright and compliments them both.


Since this gift is for a 5 year old, I didn't want it to be complicated to unwrap so I used plain white wrapping paper and just a small strip of the fabric with a length of silvery twine.  The card/tag is adhered to the front of the box with a couple glue dots.


Just because I was wrapping for a boy doesn't mean it has to be boring, though, right?  Simple embellishments like the H for his name, a cork tag, and those color pops will appeal to him, and to Gus, from whom I took a couple of my cues.  I had the orange tassel on my desk and he kept stopping by to admire and touch it so I thought, why not?  It happened to match the 'start here' Life Pages card and was the prompt I needed after the initial zebra theme was in my head.


His October birthday puts Gus in Transitional Kindergarten instead of regular Kindergarten in the state of California so all of his classmates have birthdays between September and December.  That makes for lots of birthday parties in a short amount of time, and lots of wrapping for this Mama!  (Luckily, that's my specialty :)

Comments