gossamer blue :: february reveal :: yay, tags!

Are we seriously in February already?!  I thought 2015 flew by, but at this rate, 2016 is looking like a blink-and-you'll-miss-it kind of situation.  No matter, it's the first of the month which means there are new Gossamer Blue kits up for grabs!  I took January off from the club to catch my breath after the holidays, but I was ready to craft up a storm this month!


There were a lot of really cute Life Pages cards in the kits this month--and bows.  LOTS of Heidi Swapp bows and I may have used both of those things on every project!  I made a whole lot of tags, which you know I love to make if you've been coming here often.  For me, depending on the kit contents, I suppose I tend to make similar projects each month.  This month it was tags, November was gift wrap...it's just my thought process, I guess.  These are what I love to make and when I play around with an idea for a tag, it often leads to an idea for another tag.  The same happens with gift wrap and cards.  So that's why you'll see me make similar types of projects--in case you were wondering :)


I did borrow from some past kits this month; I pilfered mostly from January's since I didn't really get to dig into them, and there were so many pretty things that kept grabbing my attention.  There's a lot of Heidi Swapp goodness in both months' offerings so I think that was another reason--they naturally went well together.  {At the time of this writing, the January kits I borrowed from are still available in the GB store.}


I went crazy for textures on my first set of tags--lace, tulle, fine glitter frames, chunky glitter, fabric bow, foil stickers.
**The items I borrowed here are actually found in the May 2015 LP Themed Add-on  (black 'love you more' sticker - Maggie Holmes) and (floral puffy sticker - Crate Paper) September 2015 LP Main kit.  Unfortunately, both of these kits are sold out.



I love the serious-looking Basic Grey 'say hello' badge mixed with the sweeter elements like the white glitter bow and aqua LP card.



Whereas the above tags are covered in embellishments and detail, the next two tags are contrasting in their minimalism.  I kept them very sparse and I like them just as much as I do the other tag set.


I started by choosing LP cards that had mostly white space.  My most favorite detail about this tag is the little burst of black lines peeking out from behind the doily.  It's the sketched flash of a camera.  I feel a tad proud that I let it show so subtly since I'm not sure I tend to be very good with details like that.  The 'awesomeness' puffy sticker can be found in the January Add-On Kit #2.  The metal clips are in February Bits & Pieces.


Each month, there are a few LP cards I set aside for something special (aka hoarding).  This dotted card was one of them for February, but instead of keeping it forever, I used it here; I think that was a good decision.  (**The gold 'wonder' is from the same pack as 'awesomeness.')


There is a wealth of goodness in both the February kits and the DT Gallery, so be sure to check out both when you can.  And all month long on the GB blog, you can find a new post and project every day, just in case you didn't know that ;)  I've got another project I'll share here this week, and I'm saving one for the Blog Hop, which is on the 15th of every month.  There is inspiration everywhere--and lots of it!  Happy February!


Comments

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca